Learn about money
If you’re looking to learn about money in a fun and practical way, check out SkilledSmart. Based in Sydney, SkilledSmart’s ‘Get MONEY Smart’ is the most comprehensive, practical personal finance course around. I should know, I’ve done it!
Books I like
The Barefoot Investor: The Only Money Guide You’ll Ever Need – Scott Pape
Scott’s ethos is one that I share: those that get into debt to maintain a façade of wealth and status by buying big McMansions and fancy cars will never truly be financially independent, and probably never really happy. Read the rest of my review.
Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
“The lifelong monetary problems experienced by his poor dad pounded home the counterpoint communicated by his rich dad.” Read more reviews at goodreads.com
- ASX’s find a broker platform
- ASIC’s compound interest calculator
- ASIC’s superannuation co-contribution calculator
- InfoChoice’s high-interest savings account comparison tool
- A list of stock markets around the world
- The Australian government’s myGov platform – a one-stop shop for gaining access to a range of government services including tax, Medicare and the NDIS.