Today Miss Money Box turns one! That’s right, since my first post 12 months ago, I’ve been blogging about personal finance like a total nerd with a calculator for a whole year.
To celebrate this achievement, I’ve put together my highlights of the year that was. Strap yourselves in ladies, things are about to get fiscal:
The ASX 200 index rose from 5,228 to 5,763 points. That’s a 9 percent increase in one year (and that’s a good thing).
Demographer Bernard Salt chastised millennials for spending too much money on smashed avocado on toast rather than seriously saving for a house deposit.
A story I wrote about alternative investment options to buying property got published in the Huffington Post! Woohoo!
A somewhat misguided personal finance expert instructed us to buy silver goblets and carry around $1,000 in cash at all times in order to feel wealthy (and possibly get robbed).
I posted a DIY video about what the Reserve Bank does to YouTube and didn’t get trolled (yet).
Miss Money Box gained over 2,000 followers on Facebook. Thank you!
And my favourite thing… I watched friends get involved in the stock market for the first time and make changes to the way they invest in their superannuation. Such happiness.
I need to thank a few people…
- Lisa – for giving me the impetus to finally stop talking about starting this blog, and actually do it.
- David – finance guru extraordinaire and sounding board.
- Posh and the Secret Lady Writers – a constant source of encouragement and inspiration.
- My workmates – who listen to me talk about the stock market and at least pretend to be interested.
- The ever supportive personal finance blogosphere – Dividends Down Under, Financy, Enough Time To, Adventures with Poopsie, Bizzmark Blog, All About Balance, Big Kid Little Adult, and Hey! It’s Just Money.
- And finally – friends, family, likers and lurkers… thank you all. I love writing this blog and I’m so happy that people actually read it.
Miss Money Box x